Saturday 14 April 2012

THE 'GET BACK TO NORMAL' LEAFLET

When I finished my treatments and was told by my doctors to start “getting back to normal”, I thought, like many as I have realised, that things would simply just go back to ‘normal’. It has taken me a while to realise that that is not how it works. The truth is that you finish and then what? With every step into the unknown there was always a leaflet guiding you through it. Though it would not be able to tell you exactly how it would go, it had a suggestion or two and a handful of side effects that you could choose from. But there is no such leaflet to tell you how to ‘get back to normal’. Without realising it, I had changed! Who knows when that happened! Maybe it was the day I was told I had Cancer. I hadn’t understood the implications of those words until now.


2 comments:

  1. So pleased to have you back. You have been on my mind recently and I have been checking your blog to see if there was a post.

    A version of normality will come with time, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I'm glad to be back. It took time to get my thoughts in order but now that I am here that old blogging excitement has resurfaced! See you in the next post!!! M x

      Delete